I never wanted Noynoy to be our president. Duh, need I say more? I supposed my readers are wise enough not to be carried away by his being Aquino and ABS-CBN's kinda biased broadcastings. Ü
I used to like Villar, kakahiya aminin yan. His rags to richess story is inspiring. But then after all the lies, specially about his brother who apparently died in FEU hospital and not what he labeled "naranasan nyo na bang mamatayan ng kapatid dahil wala kayong pampagamot? wala kayong magawa?" that was a very foul joke against a dead person, specially kapatid mo pa. Kinikilabutan ako. Ang sinungaling ay kapatid ng magnanakaw, hindi ba? Not to mention the many lawsuits filled against him.
Gibo is fine with me but why did he personally chose EDU MANZANO as his VP? Now Im starting to think, is he really serious? hihi
I think he is good and smart. But I think there's someone better. Who wants to settle for less, right?
Upon watching many debates, interviews held by GMA7 and ABS-CBN, it's now clear who is the best man for the position, who deserves my vote.
Educate yourself. Bawal ang tamad, lalong bawal ang tanga!
Check out the Side-by-Side Comparison of the 2010 Presidential Candidates
Gordon deserves my vote indeed.
Wow Philippines. Sin City to Model City. Red Cross. Automated Elections.
10 Principles for Success in 2010 from Gordon
written by Lynda C. Corpuz as published in MONEYSENSE MAGAZINE
Asked how ordinary Filipinos can improve their lot in life, Sen. Dick Gordon, who has enjoyed a fruitful and accomplished life, shares his key principles for career and financial success:
1. Be ambitious. Umaasa tayo lagi sa tulong. Kahit anong hirap mo, you have to be ambitious. Being ambitious is not negative.
2. Have the right work ethic. Bawal ang tamad. Lalong bawal ang tanga. Manage by objective. Instead of a quick fix or instant gratification, practice delayed gratification. We should go for meritocracy. Hindi palakasan. Palakasan pa rin dito.
3. Learn a skill. Poverty is an absence of choice. That’s why you have to continue learning. You have to learn a skill. I never tell people “good luck.” I always tell them “good skill.” Be creative. Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa. God gave you skills. God will not help you if you don’t help yourself.
4. Work, save, invest, and prosper. You have to work. Address your needs but always save. Get into a business. Get life insurance or a personal accident insurance kung `yun lang ang kaya mo. We need a provident fund especially for our OFWs. We have 11 million Filipinos abroad. You put them and our people here in a provident fund, we can prosper ourselves. Combine GSIS and SSS funds and come up with a provident fund, just like what Singapore did. People have to learn to save something.
5. Help. Find extra time to help. Volunteer with the Red Cross. Kapag alam mong ginawa mo, bibiyaan ka. Helping others is a reward in itself.
6. Lead by example. The Philippines would improve if it elects a leader who can inspire, able to communicate by word and deed, provides a vision, extracts values, and displays integrity. Demand from your leaders. Ask for their qualifications. Look for their record.
7. Be independent. I had to fight big guys but I couldn’t tell my dad. He encouraged me to learn judo to protect myself. You have to learn to survive. You have to learn to stand your ground. Those guys who tried to bully me, I stood up to them.
8. Learn from your mistakes. I learn from my mistakes. I learn from other people’s mistakes. There’s only one thing I can never learn: to be overly materialistic. I don’t pay the media to cover me. I don’t pay for my press releases. If my being straightforward is a mistake, that’s a mistake I’ll keep on repeating.
9. Be assertive. We’re like makahiyas. We shouldn’t be. We shouldn’t be an adapting culture. We’re resilient but we don’t assert ourselves. We’re a happy people. That’s good psychology. We laugh at ourselves. We’re an accommodating culture. We shouldn’t be. We should live by the national anthem, by our oath.
10. Make fear your friend. During the Mt. Pinatubo eruption, I told myself we’re not going to allow ourselves to die here. I prayed, “If you’re going to take me, take me. Please though, don’t make me look bad as I lead.” You must make fear your friend.
And opcors, Bayani Fernando is my VP not just because he is the running mate of Gordon! Tama ng salita, gusto ko yung gumagawa!
The Change We Can Expect and the Change Already Proven (yan mahalaga)
I pity those people who say "I like Gordon (or any presidentiable) kaso sayang lang boto ko kasi di sya mananalo.." They actually sound stupid. For me mas sayang yung boto ko pag binoto ko yung #1 at #2 dahil lang sa survey o dahil sa lesser evil crap.
There are 50 million voters sa Pinas, not even 100,000 or 1 million persons (0.02%) are being surveyed. Just so you know, Bro. Eddie Villanueva leads in exit polls conducted for absentee voting held in Hong Kong last April 11.
Yes, voting is a right, but it's also a responsibility to study each candidate first before making a decision. Turo ng simbahan natin yan. Bawal ang tamad. Lalong mas bawal ang tanga! Ü