Without any doubt, I chose South Korea right away. The fact that Koreans have high respects for Filipinos is already a good reason for me to go. Not to mention Jeju Air sent me an Etude House BB cream just because I signed up on their site. ^_^
Promo fare, opcors! I got my Manila-Incheon-Manila tickets for only P3,500. This includes baggage allowance, travel insurance, and 1st row seats for both flights. (tip: 1st row D,E, and F seats only cost P100. only 1st row A, B, and C seats cost P200) Quite a steal, but if only I've studied my route before booking the flight, I'll choose Manila-Busan then Incheon-Manila.
The requirements I submitted:
1. Application form (answer every item. i wrote "vacation" on the purpose of trip question. at the time of my application, i have not reserved any hotel yet so i just wrote "undecided" on the question address and home phone in Korea. i wrote all the countries Ive been to for the last 5 years.)
3. Photocopy of the 1st page of my passport
4. Passport size photo (any background color will do)
5. Photocopy of ITR (I submitted two ITR's - 2011 and 1st quarter of 2012. As you know I got retreched last March. This is very important. No work - No visa. No proof of income - No visa.)
6. Certificate of Employment (I submitted certifications from my previous and present employers. It includes my hire date, position, salary, the company address, office number, and a statement that my manager has approved my vacation leave for this SK trip. haha)
7. Bank Certificate (BPI charges P100 for this certificate and you can get it right away. so how much money to show for south korea visa application? it depends on the length of your trip. for a 7-day trip, then I think P50,000 in your bank account would do.)
Best part is - visa processing is free!
The day of visa application:
1. Since the Korean Embassy is open from 9am to 11am, I chose to go 30 mins before the cut off time. This is a very good idea. Wala ng applicants masyado by that time, nakauwi na sila. =)
2. I can ride a taxi to go there but since I live somewhere along C5-Taguig, I just took a jeepney and I asked the driver to drop me off McKinley.
3. Anyway, slippers and sleeveless tops are not allowed in the building (gaga ko lang di ko naisip to) but good thing my travel buddy Penggay let me borrow her jacket. Achieve, pinapasok ako ng guard!
4. I got my number and waited for my turn. When it's finally my turn, I walked towards the designated window and handed my documents to the person in charge. She handed me a claim stub, and that's it. Im done in less than 15 mins.
5. Processing will take 5 working days.
Visa releasing day:
Like the day of my application, I went to the embassy 15 minutes before cut off time. Releasing is only from 2pm-4pm. Again, wala ng aplikante at this time kasi nakauwi na sila. No waiting time for me.
Visa is valid for 90 days / 3 months since date of issue. Maximum length of stay is 59 days.
ansabe ng google maps sa very detailed map ko?
update 10/22/2012 - summary of my South Korea trip